perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Eli Shemer <ap...@netvision.net.il>
Subject post data
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:28:15 GMT
Hey there.

I yesterday compiled and installed  apache2  on our company's server but
it's currently on port 8080 for further testing.

I'm currently updating our perl code to run natural mod_perl 2 code and
there's something I've stumbled upon.

Usually what we do is grep the POST data using the apache request's content
method which I see is no more available.

$r = Apache->request();

 %params = $r->method eq 'POST' ? $r->content : $r->args;

This is unusable code now days I gather.

Currently I'm using Apache::RequestRec in my tests but it only supports the
args method which doesn't fit my needs, cross project.

I've read through the docs and saw that I have two available options:

1.       using libapreq's Apache2::Request And then something like
$apr->param('var') would work.

2.       using Apache2::RequestIO directly and it's read method. Which seems
a bit dirty.

I would appreciate if someone could provide some more information and
possibly suggest the preferred way of doing this, before I implement it to
all of the files.

Thanks a lot.