perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Matthieu FEREYRE" <matthieu.fere...@sagem.com>
Subject Réf. : Re: Restarting Apache2.2 from PERL
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:03:07 GMT
The point of that is to restart apache from a web adress like
http://my_server/restart (after authentification)
The function :
kill -USR1 apache_pid
do that extremly well but apache doesn't have the rights to launch it from
perl !
(because the ppid of apache is launched by root)

Stephane GUIBOUD-RIBAUD <stephane.guiboud-ribaud@st.com>

29/08/2007 13:56
Remis le : 29/08/2007 13:57

        Pour :  modperl@perl.apache.org
        cc :    (ccc : Matthieu FEREYRE/DSEC/SAGEM)
        Objet : Re: Restarting Apache2.2 from PERL

It's like a suicide ?
If you kill Apache, you kill yourself.

Probably, you can create a detached process from your script that will
be in charge of making the stuff.

Take care about OS you are running perl on to do this.

Regards

?