perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Foo JH <jhfoo...@extracktor.com>
Subject Re: Using Apache 2.2 from ApacheLounge for Win32 modperl
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:36:06 GMT

> Actually note that it isn't a release and is being rerolled.  Seems
> Apachelounge is doing themselves and their users a disservice, again.

I disagree. ApacheLounge's binary distribution is the only one that
(configured with modperl) survives an application restart. As I posted
in an earlier mail, ASF's binaries do not work in modperl setups. So far
I have not received any response (only verifications) that contradict my
findings.

I applaud the people who put in effort (AND maintain a web site for
that) to fix a long-standing problem, and share it with the
professionals at large. It's a lot of work, and it takes a great spirit
to think for the rest of us code compiler noobs.