perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: Correct way to upload a file
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:46:56 GMT
[please cc the mod_perl list when responding]

Mag Gam wrote:
 > Fred:
 >
 > Thanks. Looks like I may look into Mason for its simplification. I
don't think I have a the patience or enthusiasm to learn the REquestReq
feature of Mp2.

It's not that hard, I would say it's no more complex than Mason (but
there are varying schools of thought on that subject which I will not go
into here).  Here is a hello world handler to give you an example of how
to get started.

conf/httpd.conf
--------------------------
<Location />
   SetHandler perl-script # tells apache mod_perl handles the request
   PerlResponseHandler My::Hello  # My::Hello::handler handles / requests
</Location>

lib/My/Hello.pm
------------------------
package My::Hello;

use strict;
use warnings;

use Apache2::RequestRec ();  # for $r->content_type
use Apache2::RequestIO  ();  # for $r->print
use Apache2::Const -compile => qw( OK );  # for Apache2::Const::OK

sub handler {
    my $r = shift;  # <== here is where you get $r

    $r->content_type('text/plain');  # set the content type to text/plain
    $r->print("Hello world!");       # print the response to the client

    return Apache2::Const::OK;  # return 200 OK
}

HTH