perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Foo JH <jhfoo...@extracktor.com>
Subject Re: [mp2+Win32] Frustration over Apache 2.0/ 2.2 restart failure
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:45:26 GMT
Hi all,

A little more tests reveal the following:

If Apache was not installed in the default location (c:\program
files\apache foundation\apache2.2) and instead installed into a path
that does not have spaces (eg. c:\Apache2.2), while restarting will
still fail, you can manually start the service again much faster; almost
immediately after it stops. It is possible to write a monitoring windows
service to start the apache service if it detects that it has stopped,
but it's not quite the elegent solution that people want to hear about.

So while it's better, it's still not good enough. Apache must still be
able to perform a restart on its own.

Any suggestions?