perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Foo JH <jhfoo...@extracktor.com>
Subject [mp2+Win32] Frustration over Apache 2.0/ 2.2 restart failure
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:09:31 GMT
Hi all,

I am rather disappointed (and a little frustrated as well) on modperl's
inability to survive an Apache restart on the Windows platform. The
platform combo tested are Windows 2003 + Apache 2.2 (and Apache 2.0) +
modperl2 + libapreq2

I have come to accept the fact that once in a while modperl on Win32
will segfault, but the old Apache I tried (year 2005 iirc) seems to
recover, though it threw a windows fault dialog that scared the wits out
of my clients. But this time it's just unacceptable. The odd thing is,
if you try to start apache after it failed, it will fail again. You have
to wait about a minute (or more) before starting the server.

I don't mind any creative workarounds. Please share with me any
suggestions or tips that can circumvent this. Thanks much.