perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Brian Reichert <reich...@numachi.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl2 and SDBM-tied hashes
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:56:26 GMT
On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 03:42:19PM -0400, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> any reason why you're using sdbm ?  you might be better off with bdb,
> since it has that shared memory cache feature.

My initial experiements worked with SDBM, so I ran with it.  :)  I
suppose I could re-rest with DB_File, if that's what you're referring
to...

> you generally don't want to use worker under modperl, and you
> generlaly do want to use prefork.

So I had supposed.

> The RedHat RPMs tend to be outdated,  especially for modperl.  You're
> often best suited building apache and modperl from source.

That I know, but I'm trying to limit the set of RPMs I'm building
interally (we have an internal distribution model that entirely
RPM-based.)

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842