perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl lazy loading modules with eval in custom lib
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:24:52 GMT
On 7/11/07, Christiaan Kras <c.kras@pcc-online.net> wrote:
> Thanks. I will try that. So basicly, the modules that are loaded at the
> first request will stay in memory, but @INC will get reset?

Yes.  It's a simulation of CGI behavior.  The only reason your CGI
scripts don't have this problem is that they execute the "use lib" on
every request, since they are compiling from scratch every time.

> Wow. I never noticed it. In my app I have runmode that shows me %ENV and
> @INC. At the first request my custom path was in there. And at the
> second request it wasn't. But after a few more requests it's still
> there. Weird behaviour?

You're probably just seeing a new child process compile the script for
the first time.

> Just a quick note: unshift removes the first record from the array.

No, it adds to the beginning of the array.

- Perrin