perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Arshavir Grigorian" <grigor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to use Apache::DBI
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:42:01 GMT
connect_on_init() creates the database connection when the Apache
child process starts (vs when it serves the first request). This
ensures that the first request gets to use an existing connection vs
having to wait for a connection to be made.

Also to benefit from Apache::DBI functionality your script needs to be
running under modperl (via Apache2::Registry). Is it running under
modperl?