perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Gatsby <fen...@rexfeatures.com>
Subject Process ID when called from PerlChildInitHandler
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:21:52 GMT

Hi all,

I've got a module which I call from PerlChildInitHandler to obviously run on
creation of each child process.

I have a seperate problem which I'm trying to track down, and in doing so,
it would be really helpful if I could carp the process ID of the child
process during part of this handler code.

The problem is, if I output $$, then it only ever outputs the process ID of
the parent httpd process, not the actual child process itself.

Anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks in advance.

Gatsby.