perl-modperl mailing list archives

From <khan.sa...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Apache Subprocess
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:51:53 GMT

Hi Scott,

I do not see anything in error log, The print line before and after the
command also works fine,The webserver has permission to run the command
since I can execute the same command using backtick like
`/tmp/in_out_err.pl`
Do we need to configure anything so that apache can start executing the
Apache::SubProcess package ?

Thanks,
Sajid
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Gifford [mailto:sgifford@suspectclass.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:32 PM
To: Sajid Khan (WT01 - Computing, Storage & Software Products)
Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Subprocess

Hi Khan,

<khan.sajid@wipro.com> writes:

[...]

> I was trying in the lines of below code from
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/ api/Apache/SubProcess.html .
>
>   # write to/read from the process
>   $command = "/tmp/in_out_err.pl";
>   ($in_fh, $out_fh, $err_fh) = $r->spawn_proc_prog($command);
>   print $in_fh "hello\n";
>   $output = read_data($out_fh);
>   $error  = read_data($err_fh);

I've not used this particular function before, but a few ideas that
might help: Do you see anything in your error log?  If you put a print
line before and after running the command, do you see either of them?
Does the Web server user have permission to run the command?  Is
autoflush turned on for $in_fh?  Does the running program flush its
output immediately?

Good luck!

----Scott.

of this message and any attachments.