perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Anthony Gardner <cyclewood_...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache2 ENV
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 07:49:52 GMT
Thank you v much for that. That would've taken a while to find as it worked both under MP and
CGI just with PerlSetENV under the RHEL 1.99

I wonder what else is in store for me with this transition to the real MP2

-Ants

"Dondi M. Stroma" <dstroma@verizon.net> wrote: PerlSetENV will only make your environment
variables available to perl
handlers. If you want them also available to CGI, you have to set them
twice, once with PerlSetENV and again with Apache's regular SetENV. If
there's a better way to do it, I'm sure someone on the list will speak up :)

----- Original Message -----
From: Anthony Gardner
To: modperl@perl.apache.org
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 9:07 AM
Subject: Apache2 ENV

Okay, am being a bit lazy but I though I'd ask here and continue reading the
docs while waiting for replies.

We've finally ported mod_perl 1.99 to a lovely new mod_perl 2.0.n but some
things don't work. Namely PerlSetENV

This works under mod_perl but not CGI. Is there something else I should be
doing to get ENV populated under CGI?

 The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet
provider.