perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tad Johnston <...@rhythm.com>
Subject mp2 403 intermittent problem
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:09:43 GMT
Since converting over to mp2 about a year ago, we seem to be having
intermittent problems with ErrorDocument.

This is the current configuration in the apache.conf file.

<Location /blah>
     SetHandler          perl-script
     PerlResponseHandler Work::Blah
     PerlOptions         +ParseHeaders
     ErrorDocument       403            /login
</Location>

<Location /login>
     SetHandler          perl-script
     PerlResponseHandler Work::Access::Login
     PerlOptions         +ParseHeaders
     ErrorDocument       403             /login
</Location>

Scenario:
=======================================
I access /blah through a browser.  The mod_perl2 then looks for a
browser cookie and if it can't find it or it has expired, it returns a
403 error.  Returning a 403 will then access the /login through the browser.

Problem:
=======================================
Everyone got the login page in mp1 100% of the time and now it seems as
only about 70% of the time users get the login page.  What they get
instead is the following:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /blah on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while
trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE) Server at internal.blah.com Port 80

After seeing this error, reloading the page between 1 and 5 times seem
to fix this problem and you then get the /login page you should be
receiving.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'd include more code, but it's
pretty convoluted.

Thanks,
Tad