perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: opinions of mod_perl users on MIME email sending
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:24:13 GMT
Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2007, at 4:13 AM, Clinton Gormley wrote:
>> Disadvantage:
>>
>>  - you can wait for up to a minute before the mail gets processed.
>>    Although, with Schedule::Cron, you can schedule jobs every second

The database idea has some good uses - I run 120 shop sites and of
course they're constantly sending out account confirmations, order
updates, etc.  Currently there's no way of easily tracking what happened
to an email or finding out when, for example, hotmail decides to
completely ignore a password confirmation request.  If each email (or a
representation of it) were stored, a status field could easily be
updated by something processing the mail server logs.

Of course, all that could be wrapped up as one of several email sending
methods.

cheers
John