perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Foo JH <jhfoo...@extracktor.com>
Subject modperl2 + apache2.2 unable to restart
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:09:59 GMT
Hi all,

I was hoping to migrate my apps to the apache2.2 platform. The apps are
fine, except that I notice now it's not possible to restart the app -
the message 'The requested operation has failed!' pops up.

I am running mp2 + libapreq2 + apache2.2 + perl 5.8.8

Can anyone confirm if they have the same problem as well? This needs to
be rectified because apache on windows will throw a fault and restart
occasionally.

My test code is as follows:
package AppTest;
use strict;
use warnings;
use Apache2::Request;
use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(OK);

sub handler
{
    my $r = shift;

    eval {
        $r->content_type('text/plain');
        print 'hello world '.time;
    };
    if ($@)
    {
        $r->content_type('text/plain');
        print "Error:\n\n".$@;
    }

    return Apache2::Const::OK;
}

1;

and my http.conf is as follows:
LoadFile "c:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll

LoadFile bin/libapreq2.dll
LoadModule apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so

Listen 8888

PerlSwitches     "-Ilib"
<Directory />
    Order Allow,Deny