perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Modify incoming cookie / connection input filter
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:35:07 GMT
On Friday 01 June 2007 12:15, Daniel Eckstein wrote:
> I am trying to modify incoming http cookie on the fly. The setup is like
>
> user->webserver->bea connector->bea appserver

You can certainly do that using a connection input filter. But I'd say that is
much too complicated.

Apache processes requests in several phases, see
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/http.html#HTTP_Request_Cycle_Phases

mod_proxy acts in the response phase. So you can use any of the preceeding
phases to modify the cookie, which is a HTTP header. So you have to modify
$r->headers_in->{Cookie}. I think a PerlFixupHandler would be best for you.

Another way to accomplish the same may be a combination of mod_headers +
mod_rewrite. With mod_rewrite you can set environment variables. With
mod_headers you can modify input and output headers and incorporate the
content of environment variables.

But if you plan to use mod_perl anyway then use it here too.

> Iam using Apache 2.0.52, mod_perl 1.99, perl 5.8.5, Redhat AS Server 4.

Don't do that! This version of mod_perl is beta and is quite old, I think ~3
years. Further, the API has changed in the late beta phase of mp2, see
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html. So when you'll update your
server later you'll have to rewrite you programs.

Torsten