perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <jvana...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Apache::Request question
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 01:33:55 GMT

On May 3, 2007, at 9:19 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Here's what I was alluding to on apreq-dev when you asked about it:

that code makes sense...

it makes me wonder more though:

a)
	what's the deal with
		Missing input data
		Unknown Error : 0

	are those trivial errors?
	are those success messages ?

	I'm just lost as to why I see what seems to be error messages on
what seems to be ok parses

b)
	is there a way to catch the error as being major / not trivial with
a call to body_status ( instead of trying to read body )
	if i read body, i get the $@ die / exception / error object
	if i call body_status, i just get the string message -- which is
fine -- but i can't tell the difference between success , major
error , trivial error

i'm trying to do an abstraction class that will catch + log the
body_status errors on my dispatcher -- before the body is used within
some dispatched module.    i could toss the info in a pnote or
something , but I'd rather just read + undef the variable in a single
location