perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Boysenberry Payne <>
Subject Re: After retrieving data from DB, the memory doesn't seem to be freed up
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 19:48:28 GMT
On May 11, 2007, at 12:05 PM, Michael Peters wrote:

> This kind of thing happens all the time. Think of SAX XML parsers
> or mod_perl
> filters. It's not terribly difficult to parse something in chunks
> like that.
> I wasn't saying that it wouldn't be easier to have everything in
> memory. Heck
> I'd love it if I never had to read a file in line by line anymore
> and could just
> slurp them all into arrays. But knowing when to put all of
> something into memory
> and when not to is part of being a programmer.

Okay, quick question related to this.  How do I send the appropriate
headers in a situation where I don't read all of the data into memory.

Currently, I do something like this:

my $output = "Some string";
	use Apache2::Response();
	use bytes;

If I'm chunking would I re-send the Content-Length header for each
I'm assuming the Bucket Brigade has something to do with this being
by the browser okay...

Boysenberry Payne

View raw message