perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Growing Up
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:17:32 GMT
On 4/17/07, Rafael Caceres <rcaceres@aasa.com.pe> wrote:
> There is a consideration, regarding using a proxy or a different server,
> that has not been brought up: If there is mod_perl based access control
> for the static files, then it's basically impossible not to go through a
> mod_perl server to serve them.

I use mod_auth_tkt.  You issue a cookie with credentials, and the C
module can use it to check access rights on static files from the
proxy server.  You have to run apache as your proxy server, but I
prefer that anyway.

> In fact, I'm not sure what the effect would be in that scenario if a
> proxy was used: would it serve the static file regardless of the access
> control?

No, it would talk to mod_perl every time and not do any caching,
unless you have a mis-configured proxy.

- Perrin