perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Fw: Re: mod_perl closes apache's stdin and/or stdout
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:05:35 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>> But which file to open as a place holder? In this example I use
>> /dev/null and it works as you wish. AFAIK, windows doesn't have
>> /dev/null, unless you run on cygwin.
>
> Of course, it does, but it has the classic MS-DOS name of "NUL"
> present in the context of any directory (so \dev\nul works if you
> have a dev directory.)

I guess this can be ifdef'ed then.

Bill, so /dev/null and NUL should cover all grounds Apache runs on, or
are there other odd cases? And if so do you have a better idea for a
file to open that will work everywhere? [also notice that it has to be
rw - and if not, we need two files then, one for < and another for >,
otherwise open will fail.

Thanks Bill

Stas Bekman    mailto:stas@stason.org http://stason.org/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stasbekman http://stasosphere.com/