perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Alex Beamish" <tal...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple versions of mod_perl?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:35:59 GMT
Hi,

I have a test system that has Apache/2.0.40 and mod_perl 1.99.07-5 on it.
Everything works fine -- as far as I understand Apache. This server is
paired with another test server that proxies most requests back, and the
other server is running Apache/2.2.2 and mod_perl (I believe it's 2.0.2-6.1,
but I can't check right now).

I'm using Apache::AuthCookie to do authentication on the first server, and
it works fine. I'm using Apache2::AuthCookie on the second server, and it's
failing, apparently (I'm fairly sure) because the cookie created on the
Apache 2.2 server can't be digested on the Apache 2.0 server. The LOGIN on
the second server is *not* proxied, but handled locally (although it does
talk to a database on the first server); subsequent requests *are* proxied
to the first server, with the result that I'm correctly logged in and logged
right back out again.

I could upgrade the first server, but even better (that is, more convenient)
than that would be to have both Apache::AuthCookie and Apache2::AuthCookie,
and both mod_perl versions installed. That way, I could use different
mod_perl modules for different installations (it's a test system so it
typically has half a dozen installations on it). Is this a mad idea, or
could it work?

I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks!

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario