perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: mod_perl installation problem
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:09:46 GMT
On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Anoop kumar V wrote:

> Is it expected that the apachemonitor breaks when mod-perl is installed.
>
> After I did the below steps, I can start Apache from the commandline, but
> when I try using the ApacheMonitor tool from my task tray, it says the same
> thing that "The requested operation has failed"
>
> I tested this with smilar results on both Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) and
> Apache/2.0.59.

If Apache starts from the commandline OK, and works, then
it must be something with ApacheMonitor. Does ApacheMonitor
work without mod_perl enabled? You might also check that
you have the proper permissions - for example, if things
are set up to start Apache as a service, you (as the user
you're logged in as) may not have permission to start
Apache. If you can, log in as the Administrator to see
if that works.

--
best regards,
Randy