perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Matt Williamson" <m...@sanasecurity.com>
Subject RE: [mp2] aborting a file upload
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 01:28:26 GMT
Thanks, but I am afraid I do not understand your reply.

Should a body with size > POST_MAX cause the upload to fail? Does it
send an error back to the client? It did not appear to do either of
those things for me.

In my situation I want to still process the request, and return ok to
the client, just not accept the file!

What is a 'fat' apr object?

Thanks

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Vanasco [mailto:jvanasco@2xlp.com]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 4:41 PM
To: Matt Williamson
Subject: Re: [mp2] aborting a file upload

On Mar 2, 2007, at 6:37 PM, Matt Williamson wrote:

> I have tried POST_MAX on the Apache2::Request creation, but that just
> appears to write an error message.

I don't know if this will help at all, but its all I can add:

	I found that while POST_MAX can be modified as the docs say, it
can only be lowered (which the docs dont ).
	To get around those issues, I made a module that i either have
other modules register to on startup , or manually code it.  It handles
conditions/routines to know if i need a 'fat' apr object.
	If so, my dispatch hander sets a high POST_MAX.  if not , it
doesn't.

	That approach solved 90% of my issues , and was very fast to
implement.

// Jonathan Vanasco