perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "James. L" <perl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl implementation possibility
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:55:44 GMT

--- Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
> "James. L" <perlwle@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > mod_perl 2 seems solve the problem with virtual
> host
> > which will require us to adopt apache 2 and use
> > virtual host.
> >
> > my understanding may be false but i would like to
> hear
> > your point of view and help me figure out the
> problem
> > we may have if we decide to use more Perl in our
> > development.
>
>    I would definitely go with mod_perl 2.x for the
> reasons stated
>    previously.
>
>    Also, just wanted to point out that you can
> separate apps via
>    VirtualHosts in mp1 as well as mp2.  There isn't
> anything
>    new about that ability in mp2.
>
>    I've got servers with probably 20+ different
> small/mid/large
>    sized apps in the same Apache without issue, both
> in mp1 and
>    mp2 scenarios. Largest app in that bunch is
> around 50k lines of
>    Perl.
>
>    With good coding practices it really shouldn't be
> an issue.

any special setup for mod_perl 1 + apache 1 under
virtual host? it works but my impression is that it is
hard to setup and must be coded very carefully.

that's probably the reason why i rarely see mod_perl
offered in share dhosting environment.

>    Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>
>    http://www.wiles.org

James.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html