perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Anthony Gardner <cyclewood_...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Sub Requests
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:11:56 GMT
Okay, including the new query string in the lookup_uri now correctly populates the QUERY_STRING
in the sub request but that isn;t the answer to my problems.

Within the called script, we make a call to $cgi->Vars but this is returning the query
string from the initial request. Is it taking that from the REQUEST_URI? I thought it would
take it from the QUERY_STRING ......... hence me concentrating on that area.

The REQUEST_URI in the called script remains the same as the intitial request.

I could code around all of these problems but that's amaturish and I'd rather spend a bit
of time getting ti the core of this.

Any further help would be great, thanks

CIA

-Ants

Perrin Harkins <pharkins@gmail.com> wrote: On 3/29/07, Anthony Gardner  wrote:
> I can use PassEnv and PerlPassEnv, set them in the calling script and then
> retrieve the values in the called script (sub request) ........ cool!!

You could also put things in $r->pnotes().  The parent request object
is available from within the subrequest.

> But, I do loose my QUERY_STRING and infact, I'd like to change the
> QUERY_STRING for the called sub request.

I think you just need to construct a URL with the query string you
want and use it as your subrequest URL.

- Perrin

 New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo!
Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.