perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <phark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: internal_redirect & ModPerlRegist
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:18:04 GMT
On 3/26/07, Anthony Gardner <cyclewood_ltd@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The script is running under ModPerlRegistry but nothing is happening.

What's your definition of "nothing" in this case?

>  So, am I right in now thinking, because my cgi script gets wrapped by a
> handler, it's considered a content handler?

Yes.  But see my other response -- you probably don't want
internal_redirect if you're trying to gather up the output.

>  As for the $r, it's coming from Apache->request() ............ but we are
> experiencing segfaults

Are you using mod_perl 2?  If so, you should be calling it like this:
$r = Apache2::RequestUtil->request;

The code you showed looked like it was trying to cache $r in some
other object, which you have to be really careful about.  You're
likely to accidentally keep one around and try to use the $r from a
previous request, especially if you get into subrequests and
internal_redirects.

- Perrin