perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <phark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DProf - managing the tmon.out files
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:28:57 GMT
On 3/1/07, Philip M. Gollucci <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> wrote:
> I don't think you have many other choices.  httpd -X or in the
> httpd.conf limit t he number of children to 1 and have 1 parent (prefork
> mpm obviously)

I agree, but I also don't see the point.  It's a development server,
so it should be possible to just hit one script repeatedly and then
shut down the server.  Profile output from hitting that one script 100
times is much better than output from hitting it once.  Hitting a
single time will give somewhat unpredictable results because of the
other things happening on the system at the same time.

- Perrin