perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <phark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Have I got mod_perl installed?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:40:36 GMT
On 3/1/07, Beginner <dermot@sciencephoto.com> wrote:
> I have a number of handler configured like so:
>
> <Location /calendar>
>         SetHandler perl-script
>           PerlHandler MY::calendar
>           Order...
> </Location>

Then mod_perl is installed.

> use Apache2::Const qw(OK DECLINED NOT_FOUND);

I don't see how this could work if you're really running mod_perl
1.99.  There is no module by that name in 1.99.

> Would any one recommend a course of action? Should I remove the
> binary RPMs that my package manager installed and install from
> source?

It is a good idea to use the latest mod_perl release, and it's not
hard to compile.  I usually suggest compiling your own rather than
using an old one from your vendor.

- Perrin