perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "James. L" <perl...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: mod_perl implementation possibility
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:09:57 GMT
--- John Saylor <jsaylor@liaison-intl.com> wrote:

> as far as running multiple unrelated perl apps using
> mod_perl- i think
> it happens every day! you just need to program them
> accordingly. also,
> you can use virtual hosts under apache 1.3.x too.
>
> if you use appropriate naming for db handles, there
> should be no
> confusion. i'd also suggest you take a look at
> Apache::DBI.

is that it? from another response, there are other
issues i need to be careful about.

> i don't know what framework you're using, or how you
> will segregate the
> apps. it might be better to have them all running
> under one webserver,
> or maybe you will need to start up a few of them.
> there are many
> mod_perl application frameworks that may help you
> get up and running
> more quickly.
>
> i know HTML::Mason and CGI::Application pretty well,
> and i think either
> could do what you want it to.

i think we will run multiple mod_perl apps in one or
more servers.

we are slowly adopting CGI::Application in current app
and one of the advantage of it is that, when the time
comes, i can just slam it to mod_perl and run without
any or minor changes, or i hope.

> with mod_perl you can do pretty much anything you
> want, it's just how
> much time do you have to spend programming to get it
> to work as you'd
> like. with the frameworks, there's even less
> programming that you need
> to do.
>
> good luck.

thanks,