perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: internal_redirect & ModPerlRegistr
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:53:20 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On 3/26/07, Torsten Foertsch <torsten.foertsch@gmx.net> wrote:
>> switch to mp2. It's much more stable.
>
> I'm not aware of any stability issues in mp1.  Switch to mp2 if you
> want the new features.  You don't need to switch for stability.

In addition to new features, there is a speed advantage.  I just spent a
good deal of time benchmarking mp1 vs mp2 on a project.  Mp2 was faster
in terms of elapsed request time taken, in the double digits percentage
wise vs mp1 for the exact same configuration for small amounts of data
being returned by the response phase.  I can't post the exact details
due to an nda, but I can say with confidence that "it's definitely
faster" :)