perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Anthony Gardner <cyclewood_...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: internal_redirect & ModPerlRegistr
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:51:57 GMT
The script is running under ModPerlRegistry but nothing is happening. After posting this problem,
I read that internal_redirect can only be called from a content handler.

 So, am I right in now thinking, because my cgi script gets wrapped by a handler, it's considered
a content handler? If so, why oh why isn;t it working :(

 As for the $r, it's coming from Apache->request() ............ but we are experiencing
segfaults

Perrin Harkins <pharkins@gmail.com> wrote: On 3/26/07, Anthony Gardner  wrote:
> Can I only use internal_redirect in handlers or is it possible to use it
> within a cgi script calling another cgi script?

If by "CGI script" you mean something running ModPerl::Registry, then
yes, it works fine.  If you mean a perl program called through mod_cgi
and not mod_perl, then no.  You would have to fake that with LWP or
similar.

> my $r = $self->_request_rec();

That looks pretty scary.  Where is the value of $self->_request_rec()
coming from?  If you keep a RequestRec object around and try to use it
in a later request, bad things will happen (segfaults).

- Perrin

 What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality.
Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.