perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jeremy Wall <jer...@marzhillstudios.com>
Subject Re: Apache2.2 - openssl 0.9.8d - modperl 2.03 unpredictable timeouts during requests
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:30:49 GMT
On Friday 02 March 2007 23:40, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On 3/2/07, Jeremy Wall <jeremy@marzhillstudios.com> wrote:
> >         I'm using a mod_perl response handler for the pages in question.
> > Periodically and with no pattern I can detect a page request will simply
> > timeout.
>
> If you want to know which requests do this, you can use
> mod_log_forensic.

OK I set up forensic logging. I also seperated the OpenSSL requests from the
non OpenSSL requests in the log files. None of the non SSL requests showed
any failures in the log. However I'm not sure that is significant since the
majority of the traffic is SSL on this server and All of the mod_perl traffic
is SSL.

I get 16 timeouts out of a total of 3402 requests in the forensic log for a
half day of traffic. Some of the requests are strait pass a file on with no
logic. Some are dynamic requests with logic. Would posting the contents of
the forensic Log entries that timed out be of help?

Jeremy Wall