perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Rafael Caceres <rcace...@aasa.com.pe>
Subject Re: Apache::DBI questions
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:21:37 GMT
On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 10:57 -0400, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2007, at 9:27 AM, Kelvin Wu wrote:
>
> > 1. Do I still need to use 'use Apache::DBI;' in my script (or in
> > startup.pl) if I already set 'PerlModule Apache::DBI' in httpd.conf?
Putting it in startup.pl makes sure that memory sharing is maximized.

> > 2. Will Apache::DBI work (caches and manages connections etc) if I
> > dont change my CGI script DB calls but simply adding one line "use
> > Apache::DBI"?
In fact, just keep the 'use DBI;' in your CGI scripts, Apache::DBI works
under the hood to make sure that IDENTICAL connections made from scripts
under the same httpd child will use the same handles.

Rafael

Analizado por ThMailServer para Linux.