perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Sean Quinlan <s...@quinlan.org>
Subject Re: Generating login forms from authen handler?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:11:03 GMT
On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 12:05 +0000, John ORourke wrote:

> > I am currently doing something similiar, I just modify the URL to that
> > of the script to be called.
> >
> > But I need to generate the HTML code from *within* the authen handler
> > (needs dynamic generation etc.).
> >

> Ah I see - probably best not to output stuff at that stage as it could
> confuse the response handler depending on your setup, but you could
> generate the necessary HTML and put it in a pnote, then in whatever
> handles the response just grab that and write it out.

Or set the response handler to a special 'page' as John already
mentioned, and only put whatever specific bits of information you want
to use in pnote. That page then (I'd suggest a handler for simplicity in
this case, unless your CGI's already run under the registry with access
to the request object) can access the pnote(s) during the appropriate
phase and generate the response as you need.

--
Sean Quinlan
sean@quinlan.org