perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: Server Side Image Maps & libapreq / cgi
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:02:22 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> I've got  a question about Server Side image maps

I'm sure you're aware of the accessibility implications of server-side
image maps and you have a valid reason for using these travesties of
useability, so...

> How can I reliably catch this under libapreq / cgi ? ( the former for
> current use, the latter just-for-kicks )
I'd recommend just running the unparsed URI past a regex - like

    # process server side map
}

If you think about it, any Apache:: module that processes image maps
would only be doing that anyway, and the HTML spec for it isn't going to
change except possibly to deprecate it.

cheers
John