perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Josef Karthauser <...@tao.org.uk>
Subject Is Apache2::compat broken?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:18:15 GMT
Hi there,

I've got an modperl 1 script I've trying to run under modperl2.
It's a bit hairy, because it's actually a library (.pm file) which
can be run either within a perl module, or in a stand alone CGI
script.  It also has to continue running on my old mod_perl 1 apache
server for the time being.

Now it looks as if I can just add:

    eval { use Apache2::compat };

at the top of the script and my needs will be satisfied.

However there appears to be a problem, which i can summaries as follows.

This piece of test code:

    t.pl:
	#!/usr/bin/perl
	use Apache2::compat;
	exit;

doesn't work.  It blows up with:

    % perl t.pl
    Bareword "Apache2::ServerUtil::server_root" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/Apache2/compat.pm line 347.
    BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/Apache2/compat.pm
line 430.
    Compilation failed in require at t.pl line 3.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t.pl line 3.

This is with mod-perl2 version 2.0.3.

Is something wierd going on, or is the compat code broken in this
release?

Thanks,
Joe