perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Anyone using CGI::Simple?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:58:29 GMT
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2007, at 17:13, Michael Peters wrote:
>> Andy Armstrong wrote:
>>
>>> Part of my reason for posting is to try and work out whether anyone's
>>> actually using it.
>>
>> I'd say the user's of it on this list would be pretty
>> small. But I've heard it's popular for normal CGI folks
>> and people using FCGI since they can save on memory and
>> can't use the Apache::Request stuff.
>>
>> I'd try posting a query to perlmonks.
>
> I started here because the bugs related to it not working
> with mod_perl. So I figured I'd, you know, ask mod_perl
> people :)

One place to perhaps start is the mod_perl tests. In
particular, one could switch the t/modules/cgi*.t
tests (and corresponding t/response/TestModules/cgi*.pm)
to use CGI::Simple, rather than CGI, to test the
compatibility. I had a quick look at this, and there
seems to be still problems in this area.

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes