perl-modperl mailing list archives

From cr...@animalhead.com
Subject Re: Apache2::Request fouls up content length?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 06:32:47 GMT
Jonathan, thank you for your replies!

The client I'm testing with is, in most contexts, not "slow".  It's a
dual-processor 1.25 MHz PowerMac on a DSL line, with the Safari
browser which does most things faster than any other PC or Mac
browser I've used.

Thought I had a solution: since my two pages containing forms
are both under SSL, I put "KeepAlive On" in the virtual host for 80,
and "KeepAlive Off" in the virtual host for 443.

Unfortunately this did not fix the problem, from an SSL page.

Apache::Request worked with KeepAlive under Apache 1 and
mod_perl 1.  So I feel like things have gone backward...

My front page downloads a series of 80+ small jpg's, and the impact
of a general KeepAlive Off on that operation is unacceptable.

The complexity of a "multi-server / multi-apache setup" is more than
I want to deal with.

I much prefer KeepAlive on a single Apache to using Apache2::Request
on a multi-server solution.  It's easy enough to get the form data and
parse it myself.

1. Do you think the problem is in mod_perl or apreq2?
2. Does that module have a bug reporting system (other than this
     mailing list) ?
3. Is there a known bug for Apache2::Request vs. KeepAlive?
4. If not, where can I post one, so this can be fixed for other people?

Thanks for your help,
Craig MacKenna
www.animalhead.com