perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tracy12 <j_lal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Test fails/Functionality works
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:07:37 GMT

I am modifying (adding new functions) to already written perl module,

So this is not a complete new development. I am using mod_perl 2.0 /Apache
2.2 on Fedora, Looks like code is not written for this but for a older
mod_perl version less than 2.0

Error I got was
Can't locate object method "user" via package "Apache2::Connection

but  if I change it to $r->user($user) instead of
$r->connection->user($user) this looks ok but  it gives further errors
on  Can't locate object method "header_out" via package
"Apache2::RequestRec" in the line  $r->header_out->set(Location =>
$url_new); Is this needs to be changed as well.?

This all happens when I comment the line use Apache2::compat;

Good thing is make test gives zero errors.

How can I preserve existing written old code also make sure make test gives
zero errors. How can I find the corresponing mappings for old vs new perl
versions.

Even though the functionality works in my case make test fails because of
the above line Apache2::compat;

Thanks