perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <phark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DateTime with Apache::SmallProf
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:50:16 GMT
On 1/24/07, Raf <rafiq@joshua.dreamthought.com> wrote:
> The code base I'm profiling is very big, monolithic and convoluted.  I
> felt that level of granularity given by smallprof would probably give me
> more coverage - which I believe I need.

Usually that's the reason you use DProf -- it gives you the big
picture.  SmallProf is only useful when you've got it down to one sub
and you can't figure out which lines in the sub are taking the time.

> In any case, I can't see why it causes DateTime to carp?

No idea about that.  Sounds like a classic case of too much magic in
one module or the other.  You'd have to dig in and run it through the
debugger if you really want to solve that.

- Perrin