perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: installing mod_perl for 2 servers
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:43:37 GMT

On Jan 12, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Ok, thank you.
>
> I understand now that I will probably need to build the web server
> with all its modules included as shared, and if I will need a
> certain module, I will be able to add it using just httpd.conf.
> Until now I've tried to build it with as few as possible modules,
> and add more modules only if I will need them, but I don't think it
> is possible, or it is possible but not very easy.

No.

Build the server with modules you want, either built-in or shared.
Some modules that are very common /often used are built-in -- there's
a chance that modules you want and didn't build as shared modules are
already compiled into apache.

As per Michael's instructions, if you build mod_so, you can build any
module in the future as-needed, and load it as a shared object.

The point being:
	you should have no reason to rebuild apache.  either the modules you
want are built in already , or you can just build the modules and not
the apache web server.

// Jonathan Vanasco