perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Todd Finney <tfin...@boygenius.com>
Subject Re: Apache::Session::MySQL, light/heavy proxy, wedging
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:26:19 GMT
At 08:29 AM 1/31/2007 -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>On 1/31/07, Todd Finney <tfinney@boygenius.com> wrote:
>>Wouldn't throwing a
>>         return DECLINED unless $r->is_initial_req;
>>at the top of the handler fix the problem, in that case?
>
>Probably, if you don't actually need this handler to run for the final
>URI.  What's the purpose of the handler?

It's responsible for making sure that the client has a session, and it
takes any of the values in the session and stores them in pnotes.

There's an authentication handler further down the line that uses some of
those values (if they exist) to determine whether or not the user has
permission to access the resource.  That returns OK unless
is_initial_request, though, so I don't think that a change made in
Session.pm will affect that.

I've gone ahead and added that line, we'll see how it works out.

Thanks for your help, Perrin and Jonathan, I really appreciate it.