perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Alex Beamish" <tal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: syswrite + Apache?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:23:45 GMT
On 12/14/06, Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com> wrote:

> Anthony Gardner wrote:
> > Am using RHEL 1.99??? (Apache2) and under cgi-script  I can succesfully
> > use syswrite(STDOUT, .....
> >
> > but under ModPerl::Registry, I get Bad file descriptor.
>
> STDOUT is tied to apache's output stream under mod_perl.  What are you
> trying to do?

It's interesting that Anthony is coming across the same hurdle that I faced
quite recently.

Once I've figured out how to get my Rube Goldberg contraption going (a
mod_perl request handler communicating through sockets with a daemon that is
itself running interactive programs through IPC::Run), I'm going to
seriously consider looking through the mod_perl docs to see if there's a way
to make sure a reader understands that if they want to do anything with
STDOUT .. that they can't.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario