perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Tielman de Villiers" <tvilli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_auth_ldap
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:00:37 GMT
On 13/12/06, Malka Cymbalista <Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il> wrote:

> I am running Apache 2.0.55 with mod_perl 2.0.1 and Perl 5.8.1 on a Sun
> Solaris machine. We would like to do http authentication via our ldap server
> so we need to install mod_auth_ldap.
> The instrictions I found for installing mod_auth_ldap
> (http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap_apache2.html)

Apache2 has a builtin mod_auth_ldap module, so you don't need an
external one: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html.

If you used Apache1, you could also look at this module:
http://nona.net/software/ldap/

> say that before compiling and installing mod_auth_ldap, we need to complile
> and install LDAP libraries.  The instructions for installing ldap libraries
> seem to force me to also install an ldap server.  I do not want to install
> an ldap server since we already have a working ldap server.  I want to use
> our existing ldap server to do httpd authentication on our web server. Is
> there a way to install only the ldap libraries?

Have you tried "./configure --disable-slapd" when making openldap?

Which ldap server are you using to authenticate against?

--tielman