perl-modperl mailing list archives

From aj2taylo <and...@andrewjtaylor.com>
Subject mod_perl problems - require file
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:05:27 GMT

Hello,

Recently I started discovering problems with epl file returning errors, in
the format:

ERR: 24: Line 1: Error in Perl code: Can't locate object method
"subRoutineA" via package "moduleX" (perhaps you forgot to load "moduleX")
at path/moduleX.pm line 123.

The module "moduleX.pm" has a require at the beginning of the file, in the
format:

package moduleX;

require "moduleX.methods";

Comparing against CVS logs, there were no changes to moduleX.methods at the
time the errors started occuring, and there were no significant changes to
moduleX.pm either, so I can't account for it being a code problem introduced
at that time.  There were no changes to the related epl file either.

There weren't any OS upgrades/changes to the server at the time either.

Has anyone encountered similar problems and have ideas on what could cause
this?  Could it be related to a problem with an Apache child process?

Thanks