perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Robert Landrum <rland...@aol.net>
Subject Re: localhost vs vhost problem
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:30:00 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> Robert Landrum wrote:
>> localhost isn't a server listed in your VirtualHost section in either
>> ServerName or ServerAlias.  That means that the VirtualHost section
>> isn't even a consideration when hitting localhost.
>
> Doesn't that mean it just takes the first VirtualHost that appears in
> the file?

Actually, it's been literally 5 years since I've done any named
virtualhost stuff, so it could've changed in that time... But as I
recall, it will use the global configuration as defined by httpd.conf,
not any one specific VirtualHost block.

Again, this is based on the default setup (of 5 years hence), which I
believe had:

Listen *:80

Rob