perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: The case of the disappearing plus sign
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:11:31 GMT
I wouldn't really call this a modperl question but regardless...

Chris Schults wrote:
> It appears that the "+" is getting stripped out at some point as the
> script is returning results for "water pollution" instead of
> "water+pollution". Is it possible that Apache is the culprit or should
> we be looking more closely at our script or rewrite rule?

I'd suggest looking more closely at the HTTP specs... + represents a
space in a URL so your program will be fed a space by CGI - probably
nothing to do with the rewrite.

> To sign up for Grist by email, the world's top environmental news served
> up with a sense of humor, click here <http://www.grist.org/signup/> or
> send a blank email message to <daily-grist-subscribe@lists.grist.org>

To sign up for mod_perl, the world's top web applications platform
served with tongue firmly in cheek, ...

John