perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Apache::DProf woes ...
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:24:36 GMT
Alan R Williamson wrote:
> oooh now that is a good detective work ... now why would that be he asks?
>
> The page renders okay on the browser, they are .cgi files that have the
> PERL path at the top.
>
> Which PERL will run that CGI page?  The one referenced in the page, or
> the one that Apache knows about?

It gets run by the interpreter that mod_perl was compiled with.  That's
not the issue though.  Apache::DProf dumps out a file for every apache
child process.  If you only send one request, then only one of them will
record anything.  That's why I suggested sending a few hundred requests
with ab, so that every process will get some.

- Perrin