perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Malka Cymbalista" <Malki.Cymbali...@weizmann.ac.il>
Subject mod_auth_ldap
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:30:16 GMT
I am running Apache 2.0.55 with mod_perl 2.0.1 and Perl 5.8.1 on a Sun
Solaris machine. We would like to do http authentication via our ldap
server so we need to install mod_auth_ldap.
The instrictions I found for installing mod_auth_ldap
(http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap_apache2.html)
say that before compiling and installing mod_auth_ldap, we need to
complile and install LDAP libraries.  The instructions for installing
ldap libraries seem to force me to also install an ldap server.  I do
not want to install an ldap server since we already have a working ldap
server.  I want to use our existing ldap server to do httpd
authentication on our web server. Is there a way to install only the
ldap libraries?
Thanks for any help.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
malki.cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il
08-934-3036