perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Instability at startup for Apache2/mod_perl2 using worker MPM
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 03:57:08 GMT
David Scott wrote:
> We will probably be moving to
> DBIx::Class (which is supposed to function well in multithreaded Apache)
> rather than vanilla DBI.  If anyone has experience with DBIx::Class on
> mod_perl2 using the worker MPM, we would be grateful to hear from you.

DBIx::Class is just a library that uses DBI, so the threading issues are
not really changed by it.  The question for you will be how well your
chosen database library (DBD::whatever) supports running in perl
threads.  It may be no problem, or there may be global data structures
on the XS side that make it impossible.  You'd be best off asking on the
dbi-users list or a specific list for your DBD module.

- Perrin